[olsr-dev] Plugin for dynamic proactive service discovery

spoggle (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 16 00:17:21 CEST 2006

I think you have your terminology backwards - OLSR is proactive, AODV
is the opposite, an on-demand protocol (the OD in AODV)

Determining the set of MPRs really requires a proactive protocol.
On-demand protocols are missing the global information that allows the
set of MPRs to be determined.  In special cases it's possible the
information might be available in an on-demand protocol, and it might
be valid, but the reliability of packets passed via the MPRs would be
touchy.  A group that I know of was attempting to provide this sort of
information from an OD protocol, but last I heard it essentially
degenerated into a proactive protocol with all the disadvantages of
both.

If you take away the MPRs, is there any reason why your plugin needs
to be associated with the routing at all?

dave c