[olsr-dev] MRP selection (all OLSRd versions)

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 12 12:01:51 CET 2006

Hey Sven-Ola,

The only way MPR selection has any impact on regular data routing(remember
MPRs are only used to forward OLSR packets, and has no effect on regular
data forwarding) is by the effect of the TC redundancy set in nodes. This
value specifies if a node should announce all links or just MPRs(selected
or selectors). As I have understood it, most uses of OLSR LQ sets TC
redundancy to max(which will be the default value in 0.5) so that all
links in the network are known to all nodes, meaning that MPR selection
has no impact on route selection.
Now since MPRs are only used for forwarding OLSR control packets, not
regular data traffic and it has no effect on routes being chosen as long
as you use TC redundancy 2, I don't think changing the MPR selection would
yield the results you want unless I missunderstand something(which I very
well might do :-) ).

- Andreas