[olsr-dev] Changes and some bug fixes to olsrd

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Sat Dec 2 15:08:41 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 20:00 +0100, Erik Tromp wrote:
> We're using OLSR in a mixed wired/wireless network. And we're
> using VLANs, and there is one IP-interface per VLAN. That
> adds up....

And we (FunkFeuer) have 6 (ATM, IIRC) of these too in said openvpn
tunnel server (additional to the dozen (ATM, IIRC) of tunnels - still
growing).

> Sven-Ola, thanks for the link to your patches! I will have a look at
> them in a couple of days.

May I ask you to look into CVS HEAD (and/or the "stable" olsr_04 branch
- ATM there is not much functional difference - see also
http://olsr.funkfeuer.at/)?

I have already killed the MAX_IFS constant completely in the HEAD (and
branch) - mainly because there was no code actually checking against
that limit.

I will look ASAP at your patch.
Actually I have a local checked out CVS HEAD which adds lots of -W
options and cleaned up the warnings (and fixed a few glitches detected
in that process).
And that patches version runs on my node.

Speaking about releases: I don't know how and when Andreas released a
new version.

It makes probably more sense to integrate your (and Sven-Olas) patches
based on 0.4.10 and produce 0.4.11 before I commit my patched tree since
I'm also "fixing" the coding style (we have at least 3 more or less
different coding styles throughout the source - not counting plugins -
and fixing that makes reading the code at least for me easier).

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services