[olsr-dev] Seems like a bug...

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 15 11:05:52 CET 2005

Hey Elektra.

[...]

> WARNING: wlan0 HELLO validity time set to 1000.0 seconds!
> WARNING: eth0 HELLO validity time set to 1000.0 seconds!
>
> That's the relevant part in my olsrd.conf:
>
> LinkQualityWinSize      100
>
>     HelloInterval 10.0
>     HelloValidityTime   100.0

[...]

It's a feature!! With a LQ window size of 100 and a HELLO interval of 10
seconds olsrd now requires a minimal HELLO validity time of 100 x 10
seconds = 1000 seconds. If you specify a shorter validity time, olsrd
automatically ups this to 1000 seconds. That's what the warning is
about. With a window size of 100 we do not want to lose a link after 100
seconds, i.e. after only 10 missed HELLOs. Or am I missing something here?

Hmmm. Maybe the warning message is a bit misleading as it suggests that
the user has set the validity time to 1000 seconds.

-Thomas