[olsr-dev] new makefiles

Bruno Randolf (spam-protected)
Wed May 25 19:07:55 CEST 2005

hello!

i just commited a major cleanup of the Makefiles to CVS. this removes the need
to type 'make OS=xxx' every time - the make system will guess the OS, so a
single 'make' will do. all OS dependend stuff has now moved to the make/
directory and there is a Makefile.inc which can (and should) be included by
every plugin. this will provide all necessary variables and call the OS
specific Makefiles.

and we finally got rid of the "makedepends" program, so olsrd can be build
even without installing X11 ;)

and i added a OS status matrix to the README, which reads like this at the
moment.

COMPONENT/OS	Linux	Win32	FreeBSD	NetBSD	OpenBSD	OSX
olsrd		+/+	+/+	+/+	+/+	+/+	?
PLUGINS
dot_draw	+/+	+/?	+/+	+/+	+/+	?
dyn_gw		+/+	+/?	+/?	+/?	+/?	?
httpinfo	+/+	+/?	+/?	+/?	+/?	?
nameservice	+/+	+/?	+/?	+/?	+/?	?
powerinfo	+/+	+/?	+/?	+/?	+/?	?
secure		+/+	+/?	+/?	+/?	+/?	?
tas		+/+	-	-	-	-	?

LEGEND:   +/+ = compiles/runs
          +/- = compiles/does not work
          -   = does not compile
          ?   = unknown

i tried the changes on Linux, Win2k, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD and it seems
to work fine, at least everything except the TAS plugin compiles. please,
people with Win2k, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD and OS X - could you try the
changes (after the ususal sourceforge delay) and report the results, so we
can update the table. thanks :)

bruno