[olsr-dev] adding received signal info

Eduard GV (spam-protected)
Tue May 24 13:01:11 CEST 2005

Hi Bruno!

On 5/24/05, Bruno Randolf <bruno.randolf_at_4g-systems.biz> wrote:

> i have started to do the same, based on the link_layer code andreas once
> wrote. my focus at the moment is to display the signal/noise values on a TCP
> port, to show the signal strength to each neighbor node.

Sounds very interesting. One question...What is this link_layer code
for? It is not part of olsrd distribution, or is it (under different
file names)?

> i think such functionality is best suited in a plugin. if we would change the
> format of the HELLO and TC messages we would (once again ;)) break RFC
> compliance.

My modification is just intended for research, so incompatibility with
RFC is not a problem. Knowing this, do you still advise me to use
plugins? Would it be easier with plugins?

> the stuff i wrote is quick & dirty and relies on another plugin interface,
> which might be in CVS sometimes if we know it works on every platform. for
> now you have to add the linker option "-Wl,-export-dynamic" for the main
> olsrd executable.

Could you explain in more detail? Which CVS (olsr, 4G...?)

Thanks a lot!!!!!

PD: give regards to Ingo from the Barcelona crowd!  ;)

Eduard GV