[olsr-dev] LQ code enhancements

onelektra (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 1 15:40:44 CET 2005

Hi list -

the idea of weighting hello-paket-sizes came up with the introduction of
the LQ-extension. I was discussing this with Thomas by the time he
implemented the LQ-mechanism.

I suggest that the core of the routing-deamon has to proof that it is
stable before considering such finetuning.

It is a point to look at. But is it worth the effort? I m not quite
shure. Why weight paketsizes? The paketsize of hello-messages increases
if a node has more neighbours. Since we still use only one interface
having more neighbours also means having more collisions.

So we are not weighting the paketsizes, but in practise a node with many
neighbours faces more paketloss of hello-messages not only cause it has
to send bigger hello-messages. Considering the node has to send bigger
pakets will be more accurate but palliate its situation.

I think the effect of introducing this into the code is marginal. It
certainly increases the complexity of the program and consumes more
CPU-power.

cu elektra