[olsr-dev] Re: cpu load?

aaron (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 2 20:13:30 CEST 2005

hi thomas,

another observation apart from the strange behaviour/potential bugs
i wrote about last time: is link qaulity calculation (ETX)
based on a sliding window mechanism or is etx calculated as in link_set.c:870 ?

In the later case: would a sliding window make more sense?
What happens when you don't have a sliding window:

packet 0.. packet i-1: zero packet loss
------- snip --- now ---
packet i, ok, update etx
packet i+1, packet is lost -> link quality = 50% packet loss -> etx is bad
packet i+2 ... packet i+19 : packet is good, packet loss = 1/20.
---- snip ---
packet i+20...packet i+infinity, everything ok

NOW, if you use a sliding window all the time, you will have only link quality
19/20 . If you dont use sliding window etx will sometimes become 2.

any mistakes in my thoughts?

thanks for your time
aaron.