[olsr-dev] olsrd-0.4.8

(spam-protected) (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 1 10:19:32 CEST 2005

Goodmornig ,
I lived in my lab for two days 'cause I have some problem using the olsrd-0.4.8
release in a linear scenario with four laptop. Other information on the
laptop : running ipv4, Linux 2.6, I know this number of nodes is too small
to take benefit from the filosofy of OLSR.I  must compare it in different
 tests, in wihich moblility occurs. I experimented huge route discovery
delay, passing from 1 hop to 2 hop and from 2 to 3 hop (about 8-9 sec each
movement). I tried to change emission interval of Hello and TC, their validity
time too, but the delay was always high.
Many many thanks everyone.
Gianmaria
This is my configuration file:
# Debug level(0-9)
# If set to 0 the daemon runs in the background

DebugLevel      1

# IP version to use (4 or 6)

IpVersion       4

# HNA IPv4 routes
# syntax: netaddr netmask
# Example Internet gateway:
# 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Hna4

 Should olsrd keep on running even if there are
# no interfaces available? This is a good idea
# for a PCMCIA/USB hotswap environment.
# "yes" OR "no"

AllowNoInt      yes

# TOS(type of service) value for
# the IP header of control traffic.
# If not set it will default to 16

#TosValue       16
The fixed willingness to use(0-7)
# If not set willingness will be calculated
# dynamically based on battery/power status
# if such information is available

Willingness     3

# Allow processes like the GUI front-end
# to connect to the daemon.

IpcConnect
{
     # Determines how many simultaneously
     # IPC connections that will be allowed
     # Setting this to 0 disables IPC

     MaxConnections  0

     # By default only 127.0.0.1 is allowed
     # to connect. Here allowed hosts can
     # be added

     Host            127.0.0.1

 #Host            10.0.0.5

     # You can also specify entire net-ranges
     # that are allowed to connect. Multiple
     # entries are allowed

     #Net             192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
}

# Wether to use hysteresis or not
# Hysteresis adds more robustness to the
# link sensing but delays neighbor registration.
# Used by default. 'yes' or 'no'

UseHysteresis   no

no LQ# Polling rate in seconds(float).
# Default value 0.05 sec

Pollrate        0.05

# TC redundancy
# Specifies how much neighbor info should
# be sent in TC messages
# Possible values are:
# 0 - only send MPR selectors
# 1 - send MPR selectors and MPRs
# 2 - send all neighbors
#
# defaults to 0

#TcRedundancy   2

#
# MPR coverage
# Specifies how many MPRs a node should# defaults to 1

#MprCoverage    2

# Hello interval in seconds(float)
     HelloInterval    2.0

    # HELLO validity time
     HelloValidityTime  6.0

    # TC interval in seconds(float)
    TcInterval        5.0

    # TC validity time
    TcValidityTime      15.0

    # MID interval in seconds(float)
    # MidInterval       5.0

    # MID validity time
    # MidValidityTime   15.0

    # HNA interval in seconds(float)
    # HnaInterval       5.0

    # HNA validity time
    # HnaValidityTime   15.0

# try select to reach every 2 hop neighbor