[olsr-dev] olsrd secure plugin

Jon Andersson (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 23 12:06:37 CET 2005

Hello,

I would suggest that you looked a bit further, and considered updates to the
security plugin, e.g.
 - automatic generation, change and/or update of the static, pre-shared key
(Static keys makes my skin crawl...)
 - automated re-keying to exclude users
 - authenication of users
 - etc...

The solution selected in the security plugin (static, pre-shared key) was
only meant as a simple proof of concept.

Unfortunately we never got around to changing it to something better :-(

I know there has been made extensions on the security plugin that covers
parts of what I described above, but the paper describing it has not been
publiched yet.

Regards,

Jon