[olsr-dev] olsrd secure plugin

Bruno Randolf (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 23 11:56:47 CET 2005

hi!

i have made a patch to block arbitrary (configurable) routes from beeing added
to the kernel routing table some month ago. i have attached it, but it might
be a bit outdated since i think there have been some changes in the cvs
recently in this area.

after a discussion with andreas, i had to agree that it is not a good idea to
include things like this in the official olsr release, since this makes it
easy to break the routing for the whole network. suppose you block a HNA or
an other route locally, but other nodes rely on you to reach this
destination. a counter-argument was, that this blocking of routes would just
be a measure against routes which are broken anyway. but then if people can't
even configure their HNA right, they could even create bigger problems if
they were able to block arbitrary routes.

greetings,
bruno