[olsr-dev] make install for plugins doesn't warn when OS=xxx is missing

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 9 10:48:02 CET 2005

Hello,

As the subject indicates, I have a problem with current CVS version
(from today 09.02.05).

When running "make install" in a plugin, I get the following error:
$ make install
strip
Usage: strip <option(s)> in-file(s)
  Removes symbols and sections from files

If I add OS=linux ("make install OS=linux"):
$ make install OS=linux
strip olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.3

Then it works. Filename to strip is not created if OS=xx is not defined.
Seems like a warning about missing OS=xxx for install is missing.
Just doing "make" gives a warning about missing OS=xxx.

At the same time "make install" for top level olsrd does not have this
problem and does not need OS=xxx for install target:
$ make install
strip olsrd
mkdir -p /usr/sbin

I guess this is because the plugins have different names for different
platforms.
The solution is either to give error on missing OS=xxx for install, or
let "make install" automatic discover plugin name as there currently
only are two choices: "plugin_name.so.x.y" or "plugin_name.dll"?

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik