[olsr-dev] freebsd multiple interfaces

David Cornejo (spam-protected)
Sat Feb 5 21:09:23 CET 2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:57:41 +0100, Roar Bjørgum Rotvik
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> But what I really wanted to know is what does libnet do to come around
> the inability to bind to a socket to a interface?

It, with some degree of portability, allows me complete control over
the contents of the outgoing packet, which interface, MAC, IP
addresses, etc. and allows me to send it out via a specific interface.
 Additionally, it claims some degree of portability.

> > If the functionality to do this in libnet is just a few codelines, then
> the same functionality maybe can be coded directly into olsrd so we
> don't need the whole libnet?

I intend to do this eventually, but we have other cooler projects
related to olsrd we need to get moving on, so this may not happen for
a bit.  Actually, the bind to device stuff seems to be coming in
FreeBSD, but my product is using a FreeBSD 5.3 base.