[olsr-dev] How to check if a node is MPR-node from a plugin?

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 15 22:14:12 CET 2005

Hei Roar,

The way I see this there are two solutions. If you plan on using the
olsr_lookup_mprs_set function you must provide the main address of the
MPR selector, so this is not a good solution as you would have to
traverse the link set and check all main addresses.

The first one solution would be to create a function BOOL is_mpr() which
you can poll. I can add such a function to cvs if needed. What you need
is basically(in mpr_selector_set.c):
OLSR_BOOL
olsr_is_mpr()
{
     return (mprs_list.next == &mprs_list ? OLSR_FALSE : OLSR_TRUE);
}

The non pollbased way would be to add a callback event for mpr selector
change, meaning that plugins can register callbacks to be triggered upon
changes. I don't think we want to do this in the main code for now, so
you'll have to maintain this yourself IMO.

- Andreas