[olsr-dev] How to check if a node is MPR-node from a plugin?

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 15 09:37:12 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm about to create a plug in that need to know if the olsrd node the
plug in is operating on is an MPR or not and the plug in will also need
to detect changes in MPR status.

One way to do it (I think) is to send the node main address into
olsr_lookup_mprs_set() and check if it is an MPR or not.

But if I need to detect changes in MPR status, the plug in will need to
do this regularly. And if I'm using the approach I described above, I
guess I would need to "poll" the change each second or so, but I don't
know if this is recommended or not.

Is there a better way for a plug in to obtain MPR status and MPR status
changes (within a short time frame, lets say 1 sec max)?

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik