[OLSR-users] Re: [olsr-dev] httpinfo plugin

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 2 10:52:47 CEST 2005

> I see no reason for this not being part of the httpinfo plugin, rather
> than olsrd itself.

No, and the new front-end interface will be implemented as a plugin as
well. And it very well might be based of the httpinfo plugin. My point
was only that the httpinfo plugin will remain a separate special-purpose
plugin and that a general front-end plugin will be just that, a general
front-end plugin, and no more.

> p.s.  I agree, getting a http stream and displaying it within the plugin
> could be bad, a link is fine.  Although opening a file _could_ be bad, I
> think opening it read only should not cause any problems while adding a
> nice feature to httpinfo.

And that was why I wrote "in theory":) There is no problem imagining a
scenario where this might be a problem, but users running olsrd with
such parameters should really not use theese kind of plugins anyway.

Keep us updated on your work!

- Andreas

--
Andreas Tønnesen