[olsr-dev] 0.4.6 released!
Sat Sep 4 13:52:15 CEST 2004
olsrd version 0.4.6 was released today!
The biggest change is the inclusion of Thomas Lopatics windows code.
with Thomas has been a blast - and I believe that the windows version is
for an initial release. Please report usage problems to olsr-users and
code bugs to
- Support for dynamic interfaces. This means that interfaces specified
in the config-
file/command line can be added, removed and updated at runtime. Very usefull
for using PCMCIA devices and for reconfiguration of IP addresses.
- A fix in the route calculation to make sure the interface address by
neighbor is reachable, is always used as nexthop when setting up routes.
was not always the case when dealing with multi-homed nodes.
- An update in MID calculation which makes registration of multi homed nodes
happen faster. This is an optimization that is not specified in RFC3626.
- Code restructuring. The windows porting process has helped separating OS
dependent code from the olsrd codebase. This makes porting to other patforms
- Bugfixes. Quite a few smaller and bigger bugfixes, many of which have been
reported by the users - thanks for that!
Plugin developers should beware that there are changes in the structure
describe network interfaces. These changes must be reflected in plugins!
A windows binary will be available for download soon - for now you must
compile it yourself- read the win32 README file!
Enjoy - and let us know of problems you run into.
More information about the Olsr-dev