[olsr-dev] New config file format

Pawel Foremski (spam-protected)
Sun Oct 10 16:41:53 CEST 2004

On Sunday 10 of October 2004 14:12, Andreas Tønnesen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have planned to rewrite the config file parser/format for olsrd for
> some time. A new format should include the possibility to set parameters
>   like emission intervals per network interface.
> I think I will go for a solution using XML. This should give a lot of
> flexibility - as an example it should be a lot easier writing
> applications that parses and changes the config file since all elements
> should contain a textual description.

Please, please, please, don't do this :). XML is so unfriendly for editing it
by hand by humans that it would make olsrd almost useless for me. I don't
know any good software with configuration files written in XML. As I
currently haven't got much time to discuss it, I'll just ask - have you seen
following sites?

http://xmlsucks.org/
http://www.xmlsuck.com/pault/pxml/xmlalternatives.html

:)