[olsr-dev] IPC-Protocol / GUI

Marek Lindner (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 18 13:55:57 CET 2004

Andreas Tønnesen wrote:

>>So, you are going to rewrite the IPC ?
>>

>Well - Thomas has _unofficialy_ said he'll do i. So as for now this is his
>turf. But no official desictions have been made - I really can't promise
>anything on his behalf :-)

IMHO he seems quite busy with the Windows and FreeBSD port ...

>>What do you mean with "the data might not be delivered in that exact
>>format" ?
>>

>That the GUI does not need to receive data in the dot format. The GUI will
>have all needed inforamtion already and can generate its own dot file if
>nessecarry, so there is no need to deliver extra "dot"-type data.

Ok, got it now.
It may be not that exact but more than sufficient for the "normal eye". ;-)

>Well have to see about that. But I seriously doublt that any final version
>of the IPC interface will be ready this year.

I can start working on the GUI before the new IPC interface is complete.
I even think it would be wise to do so.

>Heh - "this year" sounds like a looong time... but 2005 is only a few
>weeks away :-)

Sure. As said before - I just wanted to get an idea.

Marek