[olsr-dev] IPC-Protocol / GUI

Marek Lindner (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 18 11:39:14 CET 2004

Hi,

yesterday we had a pre-0.4.8-release party in Berlin. :-)
There I talked to Thomas about the possibility to integrate the dot_draw
plugin into the GUI. Thomas pointed out that the current GUI would need
some general improvements first and so we discussed about it. These are
the results:

   1. We should build the GUI on top of a cross platform toolkit as e.g.
      wxWidget.
   2. The whole IPC-Protocol should be moved into a plugin and
      redesigned in order to overcome its current drawbacks.
   3. The new GUI should be able to configure the olsrd.
   4. And finally the dot_draw plugin should be integrated. ;-)

What do you think ?
At the moment I have enough free time to do the work ...

Marek