[olsr-dev] Messages per OLSR packet

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 11 18:15:56 CET 2004

Hi,

olsrd 0.4.7 will stack forwarded messages while generated messages will
be sent one per olsr packet. This is not a RFC incompliance IMO, the RFC
says that packets can be stacked(as they will be due to the forward
jitter) but not that they _must_ be.

However - in 0.4.8 generated non-HELLO packages will also be cached for
a very short time thus allowing for generated messages to be stacked as
well. The forward and generation buffers are no longer two separate
buffers so that all outgoing/forwarded messages might be stacked.

- Andreas

Andrea Sini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just a quick question... I've noticed that your implementation allows
> only a message per OLSR packet. Am I right ?
>
> If so, is this compliant with the RFC ?
>
> Thanks in advance for the answer (and sorry for such a silly question...)
>
> Andrea

Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org