[olsr-dev] Plugin messages

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 14 18:48:30 CET 2004

Hi,

Yes that would work for <=0.4.7. However, maxmessagesize and outputsize
are not used from 0.4.8 as every interface now has its own net buffer,
and all manipulation is done via the functions defined in net.h.

Sorry for the confusion this might cause - but the new solution is much
better than the old one :)

- Andreas

Yann . wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure to understand what you ask. But if you want to know how
> many bytes are still free in the output buffer, maybe you can do the
> difference between *maxmessagesize (obtained with GETD__MAXMESSAGESIZE)
> and *outputsize (obtained with GETD__OUTPUTSIZE).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Yann

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm working with the latest version of OLSR and I'm writing a plugin.
>
> I need to create messages with a message body's size that isn't fixed
> and can change over time (depending on various factors).
>
> I've studied the powerstatus plugin but there the situation is simpler
> because the message body is fixed in dimension.
>
> I think that the situation (and the things to do) is similar to the
> production (for example) of MID messages, where the number of interfaces
> declaration is previously unknown...
>
> One of the points is that the function net_outbuffer_bytes_left is not
> present in olsr_plugin_io etc. and that function is used in MID messages
> generation.
>
> So, any suggestion ?
>
> Thanks in advance for the answer
>
> Bye