[Olsr-users] olsr and the netmask

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sat Feb 11 09:36:58 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> It sounds like then the the IP addresses in OLSR networks must be
> manually set on each computer on order to work.  Basically, you need to
> know the ip range and netmask of the nearest neighbors, correct?

if u manually set the olsrd broadcast address in configfile, you only have
to know this,..
(and it can be 255.255.255.255) if you do this u can use a /32.

if not setting the address manually olsrd uses the one from the interface,
and than yes u have to configure the interfaces correctly on the nodes

Markus