[Olsr-users] trouble with NAT and smart gateway

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 10 20:46:52 CET 2012

afair smart-gateway does not do anything useful for your setup,.
as its only for hna announcements of 0.0.0.0/0 (and useful only if u have
multiple nodes announcing this)

anyways to simplify things, do not use smartgateway, hna alone is enough!

and if possible (to simplify more) also remove the NAT in your testcase,
use a static route on your target towards the mesh inestead,..

or just try (and verify the amount of packetloss of) an udp stream to node
C, and not the node behind C,.. (so you can leave away the hna too)

if this simplified setup works, you have issues with nat/hna,..
if not, you have problems with mobility (which usually can causes "some"
packetloss, and maybe just too much for your udp stream)

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Arjun <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> However, when I move node B out of range from the gw, i.e. node C, so that
> it is 2 hops away, which I confirmed from debug output from the txtinfo
> plugin, it is not able maintain connectivity (tcp and udp streams) with
> node D

and is it able to maintain conenctivtiy with C?
or atleast with A?

> and my application on node B breaks down. Are there any settings I am
> forgetting,

if (and only if) u are moving out of range fast, u might need shorter
hello/tc intervals,..

> or is it that UDP data over OLSR is not a good idea.

as long as u do not expect no packetloss, udp works fine,..

Markus