[Olsr-users] [Olsr-dev] community maintenance of OLSRv1

Mathias Mahnke (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 19 14:36:02 CEST 2020

Hi Philipp, All,

Am 17.06.20 um 18:17 schrieb Philipp Borgers:
> ... We will take a closer look at the branches.
>
> We plan to add a github workflow:
>
> https://github.com/OLSR/olsrd/pull/82
>
> Maybe we should add actions for windows and the GUI too? How relevant are these
> projects for the community?

I would suggest to drop / freeze Windows support until someone clearly
likes to take over responsability and we do see some community effects.

As I know from the past most Windows users were just using OLSRd for
testing purposes or on a very small scale. In my opion there are
nowadays better options on Windows OS than using and installing OLSRd
with or without a GUI.

We also had in our community at the very early beginning some Windows
users adopting OLSRd but already since years the Windows part was never
been updated to recent frameworks. I would expect a lot of open tasks.

Also most other routing deamons are not supported for Windows OS
directly. So we would be in a good shape.

Any comments?

Mathias