[Olsr-users] OONF equivalent for LinkQualitMult

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 15 10:18:01 CEST 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 4:07 PM Gabriel <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hello, i have a management VPN interconnecting many nodes of a WCN. I
> need to set a multiplier or an additional weight on the vpn interface of
> each node to avoid traffic going trough it.
> In olsrv1 I used the "LinkQualityMult" option with a value of 0.2

At the moment there is no "manual metric change" plugin... I didn't
implement one because most uses seem to deal with micromanaging the
route decision of olsrd(2). In theory you could just set a low
link-speed for the VPN link and the DAT metric should automatically
give it a higher link-cost.

The problem with the link-quality parameter of olsrd1 is that it just
doesn't work well, especially for larger networks.

I assume you have multiple VPN links to a central server, which also
runs olsrd2, right? And that you only want to use these links if no
chain of radio links exist towards you target... would you be
interested in trying a different solution?