[Olsr-users] [RFC] Move to GitLab

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 7 09:38:01 CEST 2018

On Wed, 2018-06-06 at 21:25 -0600, Lonnie Nunweiler wrote:
> I never considered that.  I was more worried about the concept of them
> killing it.

Apart from the existing alternatives (three mentioned in this thread -
IDK if there are others), that always leaves the possibility that the
"next GitHub" (or several of them) opens up.

> I should have thought of that because that is the main reason I do not
> like any cloud storage.  You never know who has access.

With open-source software (no license wars pls - holds for all
licences;-) in a git repo, everyone can clone it (read: backup it) so
(almost - depends on your "git pull" intervals;-) nothing can get lost
(unless no one colnes a repo and than the loss of such a repo is IMHO
negligible;-).

Kind regards,
	Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : (spam-protected)
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at