[Olsr-users] ignore whether interface is wireless

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue May 16 08:49:39 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Lonnie Nunweiler
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> It makes no difference what OLSR thinks about the devices (ethernet or
> wireless).  It seems the driver is refusing to send out hellos in AP mode.
> Client mode is fine.  I've been over and over the code and I do not have the
> knowledge to fix it, so I have started to convert it all to the ath9k
> driver, which does work fine.  In the long run it will be best.  The big
> shame is the many hours spent on the failing driver.  It has to be something
> silly, but I cannot find it.

Hmm... I remember we often have trouble with Wifi (or even esoteric
Ethernet) drivers setting the correct "UP" flags.

what does "ip link" says about the AP when its up (and capable sending
unicast traffic to the clients)?