[Olsr-users] OLSR v1, v2, and virtual interfaces

Adam Longwill (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 1 19:05:43 CEST 2016

We have known for awhile at our organization that OLSR v1 does not like to
use virtual interfaces.

Does OLSR v2 support virtual interfaces better? Here is an example of the
problem we are experiencing. On one of our test routers, we have OLSR
running on the MESH interface (100.64.129.106) and on a virtual ETHERMESH
interface that is the same as the WAN interface (100.106.129.64). While I
can reach the ETHERMESH interface just fine from a connected computer with
a proper static 100. address via Ethernet, nearby OLSR-enabled devices do
not have the ETHERMESH IP address in their routing tables.

[image: Inline image 1]

Does OLSR V2 support announcing virtual interfaces better and is there a
solution to this virtual interface problem for OLSR v1?

Thank you!
Check out our progress in Pittsburgh at www.pittmesh.net.

Adam Longwill
Executive Director