[Olsr-users] the flex

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon May 16 12:32:32 CEST 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Quanxin <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am installing and building olsrd2 on Ubuntu(distribution 12.10) according
> to the guidance:

that is a quite old Linux.

> //a current build system (GCC, GNU-Make, ...)
> //CMake version 2.8.12 or better
> //Git
> //pkg-config
> //libnl-3-dev (including libnl-genl-3-dev) or libnl-tiny for the
> nl80211-listener plugin
> //libuci for the cfg_uciloader plugin
> //libtomcrypt-dev for the hash_tomcrypt plugin
>
> I met some annoying problems.
> When I tried to install the libnl-3-dev, it said that the "bison" and "flex"
> were needed.

libnl-3-dev is a development package, so it should only contain
include files... I see no reason why it wants to load bison/flex.
Olsrd(2) does not need either.

you could compile olsrd2 without libnl-3-dev, but then you miss the
nl80211-listener plugin, so the metric will not be linkspeed aware.