[Olsr-users] Wiki documentation (was: olsrd2: routing table selection)

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 7 08:36:52 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Lars Kruse <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Am Thu, 3 Mar 2016 06:37:31 +0100
> schrieb Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>:
>
>> Do you have a good suggestion how to adapt the documentation in the
>> olsr.org wiki to be more helpful?
>>
>> Especially the main OONF page seems to have grown too much, but I am
>> not sure how to change it.
>> http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/OLSR.org_Network_Framework
>
> My first impression after reading this page was rather blurry.
> Spontaneously I would propose the following changes:
> * move the "compile" section to a separate page
> * clearly mark "structure" as developer-oriented
> * move "applications" to the top and replace compile-specific information with
>   the purpose and the abilities of these applications

I had a bit more time to think about the problem and here is my first
idea how to solve it... I want to split up the "OONF" page into
multiple pages (4 at the moment) to make them easier to read... all of
them connected by either a "sidebar-menu" or another "box with links"
which keep them out of the normal page menu structure.

The four pages would be:

"About OONF"
1 What is OONF
1.1 What is about BSD or Windows
2 Applications
2.1 olsrd2
2.2 DLEP

"Using OONF"
1 Configuration
2 Logging
3 Telnet Interface

"Installing OONF"
1 Debian
2 OpenWRT

"OONF Development"
1 Compiling
2 Packet Generation
2.1 Debian
2.2 OpenWRT
3 Structure of OONF

and maybe later another page for "Troubleshooting OONF".

What do you think ?