[Olsr-users] OLSRv2: routing table contains only direct neighbours

Lars Kruse (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 4 14:10:29 CET 2016

Hello,

> > Nevertheless node B is aware of node D, as seen in the telnet interface:
> >
> >   echo /nhdpinfo link_twohop | nc localhost 2009
>
> Could be that the connection between C and D is not symmetric...
>
> could you post the output of the "/nhdpinfo link" command for node B and C?

I attached the output of the above command for each host to this mail.

Additionally I attached the uci configuration of node A (just in case I did
something stupid). All nodes are configured identically except for the list of
interfaces.

> > Was the concept for populating routing tables changed somehow between
> > OLSRv1 and v2?
>
> Its practically the same as with OLSRv1.

This is good to hear!

> What you are seeing is (most likely) a route generated by the NHDP
> (Hello) part of OLSRd2, without the OLSRv2 (TC) part.

It felt a bit like this to me as well. But then I was surprised by the existing
"twohop" information regarding distant nodes.
So many new things to discover and to understand :)

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
Lars