[Olsr-users] Windows Network Disconnect Destroys Mesh

Ray Berotsfield (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 13 18:31:03 CEST 2016

Hello all, this is my first post. I have a mesh network consisting of 7
linux based computers and two Windows 7 based computers. All devices run
OLSRd, the Linux machines run the latest release (0.9.0.3) and the Windows
machine runs an older release (0.5.6-r3). The Linux machines are configured
to connect to the network and run OLSRd on boot. The Windows machine is
configured to first connect to the ad-hoc network of the nearest neighbor
and then run olsrd. When running, all devices work flawlessly, I can ping
all other nodes without any issues and have tested many different
Geospatial positions of the various nodes. However, there seems to be a
serious vulnerability of the mesh concerning the Windows machine network
disconnect button or shutdown. While the mesh is running, if I click on the
network icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and click on the
ad-hoc network and choose disconnect, the entire Mesh goes down. I cannot
ping any other nodes from any devices on the mesh. To fix it I have to
restart every single node. The same problem occurs when I shutdown a
Windows machine by pressing the shutdown button in the Start menu. The only
time I don't have those issue is if I unplug the windows machine without
shutting down normally. Does anyone know what I should do to fix this or
what the root of the problem may be?