[Olsr-users] Flooding custom data in OLSRv2 networks

Martin Garbe (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 5 00:10:09 CEST 2016

Hi all,

we need a plugin similar to the OLSRv1 nameservice plugin for
OLSRv2/OONF, i.e. we want to flood key/value pairs (e.g. hostname :=
address) efficiently through our MANET.

Since we could not find an existing plugin which provides said
functionality, we think about writing it ourselves.

Which way would you recommend for that? Writing a custom OONF plugin
that runs in parallel to OLSRv2 or extending OLSRv2 for that?

We're unsure how to implement an efficient flooding without duplicating
OLSRv2 functionality (MPR selection) either by re-implementing it or by
copying it.

Best regards
Martin