[Olsr-users] Help with layer2info plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 26 08:25:29 CET 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Fábio Carvalho
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two nodes (PC and Raspberry) that are running a OLSRv2 daemon and
> they have the following network configuration:
> PC:
> wlan0 mode ad hoc essid adhocNet
> ip: 10.10.10.10/32
>
> Raspberry:
> wlan0 mode ad hoc essid adhocNet
> ip 2.2.2.2/32
>
> I ping Raspberry from PC and vice-versa, with these tests i admit the
> routing protocol is working fine.
> But, when i access to telnet plugin and execute any command from layer2info
> it doesn't return any information.
>
> For example:
>> layer2info json interface
> {"interface": []}
>> layer2info json neighbor
> {"neighbor": []}
>> layer2info json default
> {"default": []}
>> layer2info json destination
> {"destination": []}
>
> Should i establish one DLEP session for get these information? Or, the
> nl80211 plugin isn't working correctly?

I would guess that your build system did lack the necessary files to
create the nl80211_listener plugin (which reads the data from the
Linux kernel).

you can check with "olsrd2_static --version" to see the list of
integrated plugins.