[Olsr-users] OLSRv2: routing only for one hop neighbors

Martin Garbe (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 10 20:34:16 CEST 2016

On 04/08/2016 08:05 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:

> This looks like the central node neither produces nor forwards TCs...
>
> give me a few days, I have too look into this issue more deeply. Thank
> you for spending all the time for debugging this with me.

I did further tests.
First I wanted to know whether the version of olrsd2 is important. So I
added a new node.
- Node A (Ubuntu + OLSRDv2 0.10.0) (same as in old tests)
- Node B (OpenWRT + OLSRDv2 0.9.2) (same as in old tests)
- Node D (Ubuntu + OLSRDv2 0.9.2) (new Node)
They are directly connected to each other in a star.

When looking into the send messages I recognized that A and D send TC
messages but not B.

I changed the setup to make it more simple.

Setup 1---
Two nodes (A,D) are connected to each other. We can see that both nodes
send TC messages. They send TCs for their own IPs and they resend the
TCs received by the neighbor (with hop count 1). There are no type 192
messages.

Setup 2---
Two nodes (A,B) are connected to each other. We can see that A sends TCs
for their own IP. Node B sends type 192 messages and no TCs.

I attach two packet captures one for each scenario. Hope this helps.

Btw, what ist type 192?

In addition I reinstalled Node B but that did not changed the problem. I
am wordering whether anybody is successfully running OpenWRT Chaos
Chalmer with OLSRDv2?

Regards,
Martin