[Olsr-users] OLSRv2: routing table contains only direct neighbours

Martin Garbe (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 5 23:44:42 CEST 2016

On 04/01/2016 08:23 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Martin Garbe
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>>> A router without a valid (at least linklocal) IPv4 configuration
>>> cannot forward IPv4 traffic, so it doesn't matter for IPv4
>>> connectivity.
>>>
>>> OLSRd2 does not use tunnels for traffic, so it need dualstack
>>> connectivity for every node.
>>>

>> I could narrow down the problem to the fact that no TC messages are by
>> olsrd2 daemon. I am using OpenWRT with "oonf-olsrd2 - 0.9.2" installed.
>
> No, you did not.
>
>> I tried changing tc_interval to e.g. 3.0 but this did not changed anything.
>
> Of course.
>
>> Any idea how I should further debug the problem? Which part of the code
>> decides whether to send TC messages or not?
>
> A node without a symmetric neighbor will not send TCs.
>
> A node without valid IPv4 configuration will not get symmetric IPv4 neighbors.

I see that I provided only less information when describing my
situation/problem. Sorry.
To not further confuse people here I will start a new thread with my
problem description and setup.

Kind reagrds,
Martin