[Olsr-users] olsr + IPv6 + multiple gateways/prefixes

Martin Garbe (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 7 18:09:54 CEST 2015

On 10/07/2015 07:42 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Teco Boot <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> BRDP was a research idea, it did not make it a fews steps further than simulation. Maybe reusing RA was a bad idea. Or suggested too early.
>>
>> The SGW plugin could work for IPv6, I never tested.
>>
>> IETF works quite hard to have better support for IPv6 and multi-homing. Homenet, MIF and 6MAN have proposals. The idea is that source address is being used for egress routing, very similar to BRDP. For routing, mechanisms are proposed for source address dependent routing. In fact, Henning implemented it on olsrv2. We did same bug fixing during last meeting. But elements of auto configuration are missing. There is some stuff for homenet around, the idea is that this could be reused for manet's.
>
> For a community mesh network (non-mobile nodes!) most things might
> already be in place.
>
> I have already done some emulations with CORE, using shncpd in a mesh
> environment... its nice to see a mesh (including prefixes for the
> attached client networks) coming online without configuring anything
> at all (expect for the prefix range on the gateway).

What do you mean with CORE? "core" is some kind of anti-google word :)
Did you used shncpd together with olsrd? Because documenation of shncpd
only mentions babel as routing protocol.

Regards,
Martin