[Olsr-users] OLSRv2_DLEP_CODE: User view - metrics calculation from oonf_layer2 db

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 30 11:31:29 CET 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 7:29 AM, s-mtafel <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a student who is writing his thesis about routing optimation in
> relation to manets. Therefore, I want to use your excellent outlined
> software in combination with mine.
>
> I perused the code thoroughly, but could not find the part where olsrv2 is
> calculating its route metrics from the additionally by dlep_plugin updated
> oonf_layer2 data base.
> I need to know that since dlep is key to my optimization research.

When you look into the code of the routing metric
( http://olsr.org/git/?p=oonf.git;a=blob;f=src-plugins/nhdp/ff_dat_metric/ff_dat_metric.c;h=f2f7bbf1954815e82d5a8fc6df9c9ce851a5cd41;hb=HEAD
)

you will find one function where the oonf_layer2 API is called (hint:
search for "oonf_layer2_" in the file).

This is the place where the DAT metric queries the layer2 database
about the incoming linkspeed... which could come directly from the
nl80211_listener or the dlep_router subsystem.