[Olsr-users] HTTPinfo fail to build under FreeBSD

Michel Blais (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 9 19:50:50 CET 2015

FreeBSD 10.2 with OLSRd 0.9.0.3
I've also saw this problem with older version of FreeBSD  10.
I normally work around this by downloading olsrd paquage and extracting
httpinfo from it but since it writted in the httpinfo README file that this
plugin is really version sensitive, I would like to know how to work around
this error.

FreeBSD 10.2 repo version
olsrd-0.6.6.2_1                OLSR routing daemon

The error I encounter while trying to build httpinfo

$ gmake CC=gcc48 CXX=g++48 CPP="gcc48 -E"

[LD] olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1
/usr/local/bin/ld: ../../src/cfgparser/cfgfile_gen.o: relocation
R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
../../src/cfgparser/cfgfile_gen.o: error adding symbols: Bad value
Makefile:59: recipe for target 'olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1' failed
gmake: *** [olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1] Error 1

I can build olsrd, txtinfo and secure without error with the same command.

Any way to work around this error ?

Thanks