[Olsr-users] value of the metrics

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 2 15:54:09 CET 2015

Hi,

I admit the situation is a bit confusing because routing tables (as
defined by the IETF) have a "metric" field that is used as a priority
field (often initialized by some hopcount in the routing protocol).

Independent from this is the "path metric", which is the sum of the
"link metrics" and a measurement of OLSRv2 how costly the connection
to the target is.

I have added some more text to the description of the OLSRv2Info
plugin... does this make the difference more clear?

http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/OLSRv2Info_Plugin

Henning