[Olsr-users] OLSR 0.6.8 on OpenWrt with ipv6 and kernel 3.18.x

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 16 08:43:33 CET 2015

Wait,

I remember that thing from Debian...

Most likely the IPv6 socket also receives the IPv4-datagrams because
of "legacy IPv4 support".

can you look for files named "bindv6only" in the /proc/sys/net/ipv6
subdirectories (most likely in conf/all and conf/<if>). If you set it
to "true" the problem should disappear (and we know that my guess was
right).

In Olsrd2 I explicitly mark all sockets as "bindv6only" with a socket
flag, but there might be a reason (beyond "someone forgot") to do this
in olsrd.

I will have a look at the code and will prepare a patch to test while
you test the procfile entries.

Henning