[Olsr-users] about LQ, ETX and throughput

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 9 06:39:29 CET 2015

It is more a matter about the time the metric was implemented.

At that time Linux Wifi drivers were unreliable and there was no
common interface and algorithm for Wifi link-speed in Linux.

The ETX metric (Expected Transmission Count) was a huge success, it
made mesh networks usable compared to the "hopcount metric" used
earlier. But I think we can do better today...

Henning