[Olsr-users] Mesh on Gondola

Hesameddin Alizadeh (spam-protected)
Mon Dec 21 17:37:59 CET 2015

It means a Node could have lots of directly neighbors and lots of MPR to reach two-hop neighbors ?
How do I change on election to be or to be not a Node MPR ? (Willingness)

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Rogge [mailto:(spam-protected)]
Sent: Montag, 21. Dezember 2015 17:12
To: Hesameddin Alizadeh <(spam-protected)>
Cc: (spam-protected)
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] Mesh on Gondola

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Hesameddin Alizadeh <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I know that OLSR are using MPR to decrease messages and we can change the Willingness from 0-7 to be a node MPR or not or default which is 3.
> I am using default setting right now.

I would suggest keeping it this way, the MPR algorithm is not really good (its the one proposed in the RFC).

> Please find in attach the graph about second and third level of tree.

I think you misunderstand something about MPRs...

EVERY node chooses (independently) its own MPR set... which is a subset of the DIRECT neighbors of the node through which it can reach all two-hop neighbors.

So its a matter of "point of view".

"A node is MPR" does not make sense in terms of OLSR, only "A node is MPR for a certain neighbor".

Henning Rogge