[Olsr-users] Mesh on Gondola

Hesameddin Alizadeh (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 15 09:01:09 CET 2015

It takes minimum 42 seconds to get neighboring between nodes A and B  ?
if after 30 seconds node A move to other place which is out of radio range of node B then NO NEIGHBORING would happened?!

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Rogge [mailto:(spam-protected)]
Sent: Montag, 14. Dezember 2015 18:33
To: Hesameddin Alizadeh <(spam-protected)>
Cc: (spam-protected)
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] Mesh on Gondola

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Hesameddin Alizadeh <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> By Default a HelloInterval is 2.0 and TcInterval is 5.0 seconds  -->  ( 3 Times Hello * 2 seconds )= 6 seconds + TcInterval (5.0 second) is 11 seconds in Total. Let me please how did you calculate 32 seconds ?

You are mixing up two things...

the estabishment of a symmetric link (and the flooding to the rest of the network) takes at ~ 10 seconds.

the METRIC value of a link has a memory of 32 seconds, which means the metric estimation will take 32 seconds to reach a "steady state".

both things are independent from each other.