[Olsr-users] OLSR2D and DLEP_ROUTER plugin interplay:

s-mtafel (spam-protected)
Sun Dec 6 20:15:26 CET 2015

Hello,

I am convinced your plugin oriented architecture is awesome.
Nevertheless, here and there I am confused. The wikimedia is not always
too crystal clear about it. Examples would help. Plugin related
questinos must have cropped up quite often, I guess. I would browse
through your archive, but access is a little daunting.

To have *my dlep_modem* part *interact* with the *olsr2d*, I need layer2
data communicated to the olsr2d. Therefore I would like to combine the
*dlep_router *with the*olsr2d*. Several router ifaces shall be covered
by *DLEP*. I need an instance per iface. Yes.

Well, my approach to cominbe those as I understand things *without
perusing* in the code:

1. building olsr2d(-dyn./stat. - does not matter):
2. building plugins as libs (so make all)
3. start olsr2d with plugin from cl
            3.1 either with *-p* cmd-line flag as *olsr2d_* -h* tells:
                  "-p, --plugin=shared-library            Load a shared
library as a plugin"
                like in shell_cmd: olsrd2_static -p
liboonf_dlep_router.so [-l <conf>]
                -> failed with:
                  "19:43:26.919 WARN(plugins)
src-api/core/oonf_subsystem.c 563: Loading of plugin
liboonf_dlep_router.so failed."

            3.2 or via *conf.-file*. - following my conf.-file:

                [global]
                    plugins    dlep_router
                [dlep_router=eth0]
                    local_heartbeat_interval  4.0
                    discovery_interval    3.0
                [dlep_router=eth1]
                    local_heartbeat_interval  4.0
                    discovery_interval    3.0

            -> dameon starts without warning:
                *I do*: ./olsrd2_static -l <conf> eth0
                but in simulation *NO **DLEP data* is exchanged betw.
dlep_radio instance and olsr2d
                only OLSR stuff -> packetbb

---------------------------------------

Further, I got all of this running as individual components in
combination with several simu. topologies. My own dlep_modem
implementation is talking with your dlep_router enjoyably sleek. Both of
your implementations, that is dlep_router and dlep_radio, do so all the
same. Can trace that.

But when I ask your components f. destinations or neighbors via telnet:
    > layer2info destination

I get nothing. Is that the wrong query channel?

Thanks!

--

Matthias Tafelmeier