[Olsr-users] Dual Radio on OLSRd2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 24 12:18:40 CET 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Syed Salman Haider Rizvi
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I remember my radio nodes had IP like 10.0.1.x and loopback interface was
> like 169.254.x.x not exactly i think . But what i m getting from you now is
> that my radio node should not be set to any IP but what should i set to
> loopback interface ?

Okay, this combination doesn't make much sense... a linklocal
(169.254.0.0/16) IP on loopback?

Try something like this:

put 10.0.y.x/32 on the loopback (x is the node number, y is the
interface number).
put fd00::y:x/128 on the loopback (x is the node number, y is the
interface number).

don't put any IP address on the mesh interfaces (make sure that there
is nothing beyond the ipv6 linklocal IP).

run olsrd2 with "olsrd2 wlan0 wlan1 lo" (or similar).

Henning Rogge