[Olsr-users] Dual Radio on OLSRd2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 24 11:25:07 CET 2014

Hi,

I did most of my tests with linklocal IPs on the interfaces, do you
remember what exactly you tried to do?

Normally this should be the easiest way:

1) don't set any IP address on the mesh interfaces (they will only
have the IPv6 linklocal address).
2) add your "node address" (both IPv4 and IPv6) to the loopback interface.
3) run olsrd2 with all mesh interfaces AND the loopback as parameters
(e.g. "olsrd2 wlan0 wlan1 lo").

Olsrd2 should automatically select IPv4 linklocal addresses for each
interface after a few seconds.

Henning Rogge