[Olsr-users] INFINITE cost in all links

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 28 21:10:43 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Eric Malkowski <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Very good -- on the edge of my seat to see what happens :)
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> I've always enjoyed working with OLSR, we had a lot of success w/ ahdemo
> mode on an older MADWIFI setup that has been rock solid -- no ad-hoc splits,
> just data w/ great throughput etc.  Need to migrate someday to some newer
> hardware and move to the latest OLSR -- maybe next year.

I originally used the same time-function for Olsrd2, but decided to
scrap it later. The problem with it is that it use a 32-bit time
measured in milliseconds. You have to expect it to overflow.

Instead of doing the complicated "32 bit circular time" of the first
olsrd, I decided to move olsrd2 to a 64 bit timestamp... no need to
wrap around anything.

Henning Rogge