[Olsr-users] Olsrd seems working on Samsung Galaxy S4 handsets but no neighbor is shown

Abubakr Ali (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 30 16:27:09 CET 2014

Hi

I've checked that:

   - IP-address on each Samsung-phone is static and correct.
   - Netmask on each Samsung-phone is correct
   - Gateway IP-address on each Samsung-phone is its interface IP-address
   - All Samsung-phones are connected to the same adhoc network (beside
   additional three Nexus-7 tablets)

Note that:

   - the adhoc network does not require a password
   - I have three Nexus-7-tablets run an adhoc network perfectly using the
   same ".conf" file

However, I noticed that whenever I create and run an adhoc network from any
of the Samsungs:

   - each of the other two Samsungs can discover the IBSS and join it.
   - each of the three Nexus-7 can discover the IBSS and join it.
   - the adhoc-creator-Samsung can only see and ping the Nexus-tablets (I
   used "Fing" android-app)
   - any Nexus can see and ping adhoc-creator-Samsung and the other
   Nexus-tablets only (I used "Fing" android-app)
   - any Samsung already-joined-the-adhoc-network can't be seen
   by adhoc-creator-Samsung or the Nexus-tablets

Hence, I can assure you that the network connectivity is fine, at least
between the Samsung and the Nexus. So, I took step forward and installed
OLSRD on one Samsung (which I used to create an adhoc network). the OLSRD
works perfect between the adhoc-creator-Samsung and the three Nexus-7,
taking into account that OLSRD didn't show any neighbor in the other two
Samsung-phones who, by the way joined the adhoc network (although they
can't be pinged)

My question is why OLSRD does't work between the Samsung-phones ? please
help .. I am getting really confused

Thanks

Ali, Abubakr
Research and Development Engineer